After two months of intense development our distro finally reaches the major release. Many bugs were bugged and new packages introduced.
Condres OS lets you put your favorite web apps on the desktop with ICE, a simple SSB (Site Specific Browser) manager. These specialized browsers minimize the number of steps between you wanting to use your favorite web app and you actually using it. This embodies our vision here at Condres: we want to help make your workspace, and your playspace, more productive and elegant.
Condres OS, by stripping down the Gnome desktop environment to its essentials, is able to be fast and fluid without sacrificing aesthetic appeal. Condres OS idles at just a few hundred megabytes of memory usage, as opposed to other popular operating systems that idle at up to several gigabytes. This also helps bring boot times down to just a few seconds.
Condres OS comes with TLP, an advanced battery management utility that optimizes battery usage. TLP comes with an outstanding default configuration, but allows users to customize it to suit their specific needs. This, combined with Condres OS's decreased resource usage, means you can keep working those extra hours away from home.
Powerline-Shell, an adaptive and beautiful terminal prompt, brings the console into the modern world. Have all the most powerful computing tools available at your fingertips, with all the information you need beautifully displayed just a glance away. Naturally, Powerline is included in Condres OS.
Código: Selecionar todos
Baobab Cheese Chromium and Chrome Evince Eye of Gnome File Roller FileZilla GIMP Pacam gui for pacman, tray indicator for Gnome, KDE and Cinnamon GUFW Ice Inkscape Libreoffice Pamac PlayOnLinux Steam Syncthing System Log Viewer System Monitor Tracker Settings Transmission Yelp Condres-settings-manager Mhwd Mhwd-db Plymouth and other packages
Release Notes for Condres OS 2019.01.1
Today we are proud to release Condres OS 2019.01.1 with the flavours KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, MATE, XFCE, and Xorg. They are enhanced with some useful packages and scripts, a brand new installer and a custom patched version of desktop and filesystem.
KDE Plasma stands at version 5.14.5, while GNOME comes in at 3.30
and Xfce at 4.12.4, while Cinnamon comes in at 4.0 and MATE at 1.21.0.
This release comes with the name “Celestian 2019.01.1”.
Calamares – our new installer
This is the 5nd release with the new installer built from the Calamares Installer Framework and we are quite happy with it. It is under steady developement and will in the near future improve quite a bit on LVM and LUKS2.
The partitioning is done by the brand new kpmcore 3.3.0, which is also at the heart of the KDE Partition Manager (KPM). The corresponding package for that is called partitionmanager
UEFI installs made easy
With Calamares we can proclaim full implementation of UEFI-Installs since 2017.1.0. For now we still have encryption with LUKS and LVM turned off, which Calamares offers as an option. We want to be on top of that feature before we offer it to you. Offering it means we need to be able to support this critical functionality. We do not feel we can do this adequatly at the moment, as it is an ongoing developement, that should be more mature with kpmcore 3.4.
FIX AND NEW FEATURES:
- This release fixes number of bugs due to the Calamares installer. First of all, the problem that caused the failed installation on uefi partitions was solved.
- We solved the problem that the installer did not regularly detect the system or virtualbox and did not remove the guest-additions.
- Fixed the problem due to the language that even if chosen regularly was not configured and consequently the system was still in English.
- Added in this first version the Opensuse gfxboot support and fully functional. Note that non-free drivers are not currently supported but only open source drivers. From the next release we will also support non-free drivers.
- Added icon support on the desktop for the Gnome desktop version. The default dock is now at the bottom and the home and trash icons will appear.
- Added the icons on the desktop of the distribution that are linked to the portal and by default now the browser is google-chrome.
- Fixed a bug for the permissions related to the / etc folder that were changed incorrectly once the iso image was created in 775. Now the permissions have been set up and there are no more pacman alerts indicating the change in permissions.
Good download at all.
The CodeLinSoft team.